Tuesday, January 19, 2010



Today I finally finished my project 7. This was my favorite project because we had so much freedom. I first put a simple drum beat in to start things off. All it is is a couple of kick drums mixed in with a cymbal. Then, the next thing i did was find a beat I liked from the riff machine. It alsmost sounds like and orchestra playing the violin. I liked this a lot and thought that maybe, I would be able to mix this with something techno. That is exactly what i did. I found a bass that sounded really cool and techno so i put it over my riff machine beat. This kind of drowns out the violins, but you can still hear them once in a while which i think is cool. My bass runs through most of song but at times it is the only thing playing which really brings it out and makes it sound bettetr. On top of all of that, I added some FL keys. This added some jazz into my riff which meant I had orchestra, techno, and jazz all in one. Crazy? Yes. Does it work? Yes. I love the sound that came out of all these different types of music. My keys are kind of crazy at times but I like that because it offsets the bass which stays the same throughout. That is my pattern A in my AABA format. I really like how my pattern B came out. Once again I went to the riff machine and even though it took a little while, I found a techno pattern that i liked. My bass does not continue to play during this so I think it sounds great when it comes back in during the first pattern. I also added some keys to play during my second pattern that even though are a different beat then the first pattern, flow really good and offset the first pattern nicely. There are also some claps that are not in the first pattern as well. After my B pattern plays my A pattern simply repeats to complete my AABA format and my project 7! ENJOY!

5 comments:

  1. very interesting. the begining sounds like bee and wizing around. but it fits once you hear the loop more. i like how you take a stab at a hip-hop classic piano sound. its different and i like it. the drum loop that is with the chromatic piano thing dosent fit too great. it sounds as if your tempo then slowed dramatically during the transition, with an interesting bass pattern behind it. i like how it gives you a second to think about what had previuosly gone on and then bam your back in the loop with a dance club feel, with the classic piano. im not crazy about ending it with the chromatic sounding riff, but all in all your loop is different and sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I don't like about this is that there is an awful lot of the same note coming out of the piano part. The piano part in this is your solo voice, so it should be the expressive, interesting part. I was expecting (after the first explosive run) the piano to continue with the jazzy motif.
    That said, this was supposed to be a sytrus loop. How much of the loop was programed by you? what were the settings on the synths you designed? I would have liked some more detail about the nuts and bolts of your project.
    Musically, all of the parts were balanced, and I enjoyed the bridge section very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think this riff was different but designed well. i like how your two synths back up the piano

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this alot. All I can really say is that the violin part should have been much louder. I think since the piano part is set apart so much you could put the violins up there without having everything sound like noise in unison. Other than that, everything runs together very smoothly, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how this contains so many different ideas, but still works. I loved the violin sound, and how it was noticeable only some of the time. Like Josh said, it might have been cool if it were a bit louder, but I’m not sure about that. I especially like the piano melody part at about the 30 second point in your song. Altogether this is very cool. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete